Thinking about what to do for the school holidays?
Winter School holidays have an extra level of difficulty. When the weather is a very miserable Melbourne winter…just like this year its easy to get stuck for ideas; Taylor and I have come up with our top 7 ideas of what we would love to do (if we were still able to get school holidays!)
1. ArtVo – Harbor Town Docklands – this immersive gallery experience will have you taking loads of photos! So much fun for all ages (my grandma loved it she’s 85). Get creative and see if you can really mess with the perspectives on display. Ticket prices start at $18 but entry is free for under 4’s.
2. Alice in Wonderland – ACMI federation square. Another immersive and interactive experience bringing to life one of our favorite books. Alice has been re-imagined so many times over the years there is bound to be some amazing art to touch and view.
3. Winter Night Market – Queen Victoria Market – Wednesday night 5pm – 10pm it’s a foodies delight so arrive hungry! You can now avoid the queues and book a table – But get in early the night market is always so popular.
4. Ice Skating – there are a few pop up ice skating rinks making appearances at different locations around Melbourne. This is a great way to wear out the kids while you relax, watch, and sip on a hot chocolate. We’ve seen them located in Moonee Ponds, Crown Promenade, and St Kilda.
5. MoMA @ NGV – a once in a lifetime experience to see some of the worlds most iconic pieces of art in Australia! There are loads of walking tours you can join, as well as NGV friday night events are always worth attending.
6. Luna Park – Winter Wonderland Christmas in July – Santa is visiting and you can buy all your ride tickets online and save time when you arrive, with a family passes around $150 and unlimited rides for 4 (see Luna Park website for T’s&C’s) You’ll fill in the whole day!
7. Melbourne Zoo – with children under 16 free in the school holidays why wouldn’t you go? I love the penguins and the lions. Again this is a full days entertainment, the kids will come home happy and exhausted.
Don’t forget! We are also open in the school holidays and may still have time available to create your lifelong memories. If you would like an Enhance Studios experience call us on 1300 236 246
Enhance Studios Owner/Photographer